Spectroscopy has become an important tool in chemical analysis to identify unknown molecules. This course will serve as an introduction to UV, IR, NMR and MS-spectroscopy and their applications in industry and academic work.
Spectroscopy has become an important tool in chemical analysis to identify unknown molecules. This course will serve as an introduction to UV, IR, NMR and MS-spectroscopy and their applications in industry and academic work. It is aimed at chemists and engineers who need a practical understanding of spectroscopy.
Numerous example applications will be described including basic knowledge of instruments, instrument operation and spectrum identification. The course also covers instrument and spectrum troubleshooting. The course material is a combination of presentations, documents, software training and instrumental demonstrations as well as case studies.
· To familiarize participants with the tools and techniques used in spectroscopy analysis and qualitative and quantitative methods.
· To provide the skills, knowledge and understanding of principles and practices of spectroscopy analysis.
· To understand the recent molecule identification methods.
· To provide all the necessary tools for users to expand their knowledge of analysis using spectroscopy technology.
· To solve instrumental and molecular identifying problems.
· The course includes a practical segment where spectroscopy components are demonstrated for maintenance methods. Practical exercises are also studied.
Masters certificate will be issued to all attendees completing minimum of 75% of the total tuition hours of the course workshop.
Molecular properties, the structure and bonding nature of organic compounds
· The natural of electronic excitations
· Principles of absorption spectroscopy
· Ultraviolet spectrum
· Solvent effect
· Effect of conformation and geometry
· Fieser-Kuhn rules for polyenes
Infrared Spectroscopy (IR):
· Mode of vibration and bending
· Bond properties and absorption trends
· IR spectrometer
· Reading of the spectra
· A survey of the important functional groups with examples
· Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy:
· Nuclear spin states and magnetic moments
· Mechanism of energy absorption (resonance)
· The chemical shift and shielding
· Chemical equivalence integrals
· NMR spectrometer
· The 1H and 13C NMR spectra of important molecules
· Two-dimensional NMR spectra
Mass Spectroscopy (MS):
· Molecular formulas from isotope ratio data
· Some fragmentation patterns
· The mass spectrum
· Mass spectrometer
· Spectrum of many examples
· Problems and troubleshooting
· Exercises and discussion
· Course document is about 150 pages.
· Course presentation power point material is about 350 pages.
· Practical training for each participant will be arranged during the course.
· Exercises and discussions will be conducted at the end of the course.
· Videos of maintenance method for different components are available throughout the course.
· USB with the course document, power point presentation, video films, articles and exercises will be offered to participants.
Masters Training Company was established in response to the growing need for quality training to support the business community within your Company, Department or Organization by providing a high standard of Training Programs, Courses, Seminars, Workshops and Consultancy Services to employees in a very competitive business environment.
Following the latest trends and ideas in Technology and Management techniques, and with its in-depth knowledge of the business environment, Masters Training Company is able to meet the special requirements of both local and international business throughout the Middle East. Masters Training & Consulting is an independent multinational firm with more than 25 years of experience in helping regional organizations develop their human capital in all fields of management.
Since 1990, we have been entrusted by our clients to provide the most reliable training and consulting products and services in the region. Our innovative and diversified range of training programs and consulting services are designed and delivered by an ever-growing team of full time multilingual consultants experienced in providing solutions relevant to this part of the world and applicable to today’s business challenges.
We pride ourselves on our track record in this regard and on our long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom have been with us since we started business.
Our public training programs have attracted more than 300,000 participants from almost 3,000 organizations many of whom also entrust us with their needs for bespoke in-company programs. Our client base is steadily growing and so is our commitment to remain the regional leaders in the fields of training and consulting.
Masters is also an approved vendor from KHDA & ILM
This training is designed to help the students learning and understand different basic concepts of Chemistry. You will learn to apply the acquired knowledge in real-life situations and encourage out of the box thinking.