It provides the skills to build world class standards into your planning, budgeting, performance measurement and reporting system. This course will discuss new techniques, explain how they complement the traditional financial planning tools, and introduce new concepts for measuring.
It provides the skills to build world class standards into your planning, budgeting, performance measurement and reporting system. This course will discuss new techniques, explain how they complement the traditional financial planning tools, and introduce new concepts for measuring and reporting performance and shareholder wealth creation.
It will also show how to make your budgeting process more cost effectively and motivate managers to "buy in” to the budget process. Many case studies and illustrations of real companies will be used to help delegates understand how to apply different planning, forecasting and analysis techniques.
Learning will be via lecture, example, discussion and case study. Participants will also be given a detailed set of handouts that will enable them to revise the topics covered at a later date. Delegates will be asked to bring a spreadsheet of their organization’s budget structure to work on during the course.
Key Benefits and Personal Impact:
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Implement the latest practices into your budgeting process
- Integrate long term strategic vision with budgeting
- Deliver more timely and useful information to decision makers
- Successfully build an integrated planning, budgeting and reporting process
- Forecast costs and revenues more accurately
- Apply management tools to the budgeting process that contribute to strategic goals
- Learn how to apply new techniques in budgeting and forecasting
- Better and more cost effective management of the budgeting process
- Identify key performance indicators for accurate and focused decision making
- Increase productivity and performance through stream lined planning and reporting
- Better cost control
- More accurate budgets
- Greater commitment to budget targets
- Improved budgeting and forecasting systems
Masters Consultant certificate will be issued to all attendees completing minimum of 75% of the total tuition hours of the course.
DAY 1 BEST PRACTICES IN PLANNING AND BUDGETING
- The purpose of planning and budgeting in business
- Budget timetables and working papers
- Case study: designing a budgeting system
- Defining strategy
- Building a strategic planning model
- Strategic analysis and decision making models
- Group exercise and discussion: Mapping and reviewing your existing planning process
DAY 2 ADVANCED BUDGETING TECHNIQUES
- Zero base budgeting
- Activity based budgeting
- Designing and implementing an integrated rolling forecast process
- Unit budgeting
- Program budgeting
- The beyond budgeting principle
- Case study:
- Group exercise: Applying new budgeting techniques in your organization
DAY 3 ADVANCED COST ANALYSIS TECHNIQUES
- Cost behavior and breakeven points
- Identifying semi-fixed and semi-variable costs
- Cost estimation and Regression analysis
- Building a financial simulation model
- Monte Carlo simulation
DAY 4 ADVANCED FORECASTING TECHNIQUES
- Linear programming models for planning
- Learning curves in cost forecasting
- Cost forecasting for pricing decisions
- Gap analysis
- Forecasting in difficult circumstances: maintenance costs, IT costs, projects
DAY 5 INTEGRATING PLANNING, BUDGETING AND REPORTING
- Techniques for mapping your planning cycle
- Case study: the effect of changing strategy on budgets
- Applying the Balanced Scorecard
- Designing management reports
- Integrating long and short range planning processes
- The role of the chief executive and chief financial officer
- Human aspects of planning and control
- Presenting the ideas from the course to your colleagues
Masters Training Company was established in response to the growing need for quality training to support the business community within your Company, Department or Organization by providing a high standard of Training Programs, Courses, Seminars, Workshops and Consultancy Services to employees in a very competitive business environment.
Following the latest trends and ideas in Technology and Management techniques, and with its in-depth knowledge of the business environment, Masters Training Company is able to meet the special requirements of both local and international business throughout the Middle East. Masters Training & Consulting is an independent multinational firm with more than 25 years of experience in helping regional organizations develop their human capital in all fields of management.
Since 1990, we have been entrusted by our clients to provide the most reliable training and consulting products and services in the region. Our innovative and diversified range of training programs and consulting services are designed and delivered by an ever-growing team of full time multilingual consultants experienced in providing solutions relevant to this part of the world and applicable to today’s business challenges.
We pride ourselves on our track record in this regard and on our long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom have been with us since we started business.
Our public training programs have attracted more than 300,000 participants from almost 3,000 organizations many of whom also entrust us with their needs for bespoke in-company programs. Our client base is steadily growing and so is our commitment to remain the regional leaders in the fields of training and consulting.
Masters is also an approved vendor from KHDA & ILM
This course will help you with different tools and analytical framework to exploit and assess the financial information of a company. You will learn to examine and measure different pieces of information that combine to form a financial statement of a company.
It will teach you about recognizing the process of consolidating financial statements, identifying business combinations and their related transactions, applying acquisition method for business combinations and much more.
Participants will receive KHDA-approved certificates at the end. Participants will learn how to execute budget, track progress and document results, as well assess profitability, liquidity, solvency, and stability of their organizations.