The Interior Designing course offers a creative buffer where candidates develop and contribute to the varied design possibilities and approaches of interior design. The core of the program is design research and practice.
The MA in Interior Design course is a step towards exploring and understanding the contemporary interior design environment of UAE, Middle East as a region through research, theory, design education and practice.
The Interior Designing course offers a creative buffer where candidates develop and contribute to the varied design possibilities and approaches of interior design. The core of the program is design research and practice. The program also introduces the student to the principles of academic – industry interface.
- To provide students with the skills and tools for solving a design problem in order to achieve creative excellence in the design of interior space
- To provide students with the skills needed to propose and conduct research that adds to the body of knowledge in the profession through the examination and consolidation of previous research findings
- To offer a masters degree for Interior Design professionals seeking advanced study in areas of specialisation in varied Interior Design typologies through design research
- To offer MA ID graduates the opportunity to pursue entry level teaching positions within the BA & Certificate Interior Design programs
- To provide MA ID students with the opportunity to disseminate knowledge through publications, conferences, teaching, and collaboration with various professionals in related fields.
- State-of-the-art lecture rooms
- Design studios for creative thinking
- Pottery studio and product design workshop for hands-on experience
- Computer Aided Design testing centre
- Exhibition gallery
- Site visits for academic projects, field trips for precedent studies
- Visit to various Industries, showrooms, laboratories, workshops to experience the onsite works
- Collaboration with design consultants for visits for on-site construction projects
- Interaction with professionals by inviting for them to the school for seminars, talks, and interactive forums
- Collaboration with design organisations like Tasmena, Association of Professional Interior Designers (APID), for various workshops
- Architectural documentation of the architectural development of United Arab Emirates
- Participation in various international student competitions as well as workshops by international companies
- International study tours conducted annually to study the regional designs and documentation of the same.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or in any allied field of design with a minimum of 2.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0 or its equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field and has completed the Certificate Program in Interior Design with a minimum of 2.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0 or its equivalent.
- Exceptionally, applicants with considerable experience but without the above academic qualifications will be considered on their merits.
- Some applicants may not hold any of the qualifications listed and may wish to be considered on the basis of substantial knowledge in design fields in their profession.
Manipal University (MU), Dubai is a branch campus of Manipal University, India, one of the largest private universities in the country enrolling over 25,000 students across disciplines. Manipal University, India is home to some of the finest institutions of academic excellence including Kasturba Medical College & Manipal Institute of Technology.
Manipal University established its presence in Dubai, UAE in the year 2000. Since its inception, Dubai has grown into a leading multi-disciplinary university in the Middle East attracting students not only from UAE but from across the GCC and the rest of the Middle East and Africa region. At present, Manipal University, Dubai enrolls over 1,800 students from 33 nations across the globe.
Similar to its mother campus back home in Manipal, the Dubai branch campus of Manipal University offers students a variety of disciplines to pursue their undergraduate and graduate courses under Engineering & Information Technology, Management, Bio-Technology, Interior Design & Architecture and Media & Communication.
Manipal University Dubai has a thriving alumni base of over 4,000 students most of whom have gone on to pursue their further studies at leading universities across the world while others have joined the corporate sector in the UAE and in India and are making a positive impact at their workplace and to the society at large.
This Master of Interior Design programme offered by Amity University Dubai is designed to give you skills and knowledge of holding executive-level positions by developing key competencies like decision-making tools and critical thinking essential for the interior designing field.