The Mechatronics department is actively engaged in mechatronic systems research covering Robotics, Autonomous Vehicles, Structural Health monitoring systems, haptic devices and prosthetics.
B.Tech Mechatronics is the synergetic integration of mechanical disciplines, electronics, controls, and computers in the design of high performance systems. Most modern products - automobiles, household appliances, personal transportation devices, digital cameras, printers, scanners, hard-disk drives, surgical tools having smart features enabled by mechatronics.
The typical knowledgebase for the optimal design and operation of mechatronics and smart systems comprises of system modeling and analysis, decision and control theory, sensors and signal conditioning, actuators and power electronics, hardware interfacing, rapid control prototyping, and embedded computing.
The relevant technology applications of mechatronics include medical, defense, manufacturing, robotics, automotive, and distributed systems and smart consumer products. The Mechatronics department is actively engaged in mechatronic systems research covering Robotics, Autonomous Vehicles, Structural Health monitoring systems, haptic devices and prosthetics.
- Advanced Curriculum with the option of minor specializations in the field of Robotics and automation, Automotive Technology and Business Management.
- Options of various programs and open electives.
- Experienced and qualified faculty with teaching and industry experience.
- Well-equipped laboratories (PLC and Automation, Robotics lab, Sensorics Lab, Drives and motor control Lab, Microprocessor and micro controller lab, CAD and Kinematics Simulation Lab, CNC and Machine Shop, Automobile, etc.).
- State of the Art Robotics and Automation Lab with 3D printing, Pick and Place by 6- axis robot and latest technology advancements.
- Advanced Software packages like MATLAB®, LabVIEW™, CATIA, LTSpice®, AutoCAD®.
- Learning through Industry visits, Projects and hands on workshops.
- Broad research in the field of Robotics, Virtual Instrumentation, Prosthetics and Haptics.
- Extensive Internship program and exposure of Industrial projects.
- Opportunity to be a part of various professional societies like IEEE (The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, (ASHRAE).
- Semester abroad option at MIT, Manipal and other partner Universities.
- Faculty Mentor Program to support student learning and career planning.
- Strong Alumni Network
This Program offers the following minor specializations :
- Automotive Technology
- Robotics and Automation
- Business Management
- Pass 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any technical vocational subjects as optional with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Adequate proficiency in English is a must for all programs.
Manipal University (MU), Dubai is a branch campus of Manipal University, India, one of the largest private universities in the country enrolling over 25,000 students across disciplines. Manipal University, India is home to some of the finest institutions of academic excellence including Kasturba Medical College & Manipal Institute of Technology.
Manipal University established its presence in Dubai, UAE in the year 2000. Since its inception, Dubai has grown into a leading multi-disciplinary university in the Middle East attracting students not only from UAE but from across the GCC and the rest of the Middle East and Africa region. At present, Manipal University, Dubai enrolls over 1,800 students from 33 nations across the globe.
Similar to its mother campus back home in Manipal, the Dubai branch campus of Manipal University offers students a variety of disciplines to pursue their undergraduate and graduate courses under Engineering & Information Technology, Management, Bio-Technology, Interior Design & Architecture and Media & Communication.
Manipal University Dubai has a thriving alumni base of over 4,000 students most of whom have gone on to pursue their further studies at leading universities across the world while others have joined the corporate sector in the UAE and in India and are making a positive impact at their workplace and to the society at large.
This BTEC Mechanical Engineering program covers a wide range of topics related to the Engineering field. You will be taught by qualified instructors with years of knowledge and experience in teaching this subject.
It emphasizes on three core areas energy systems, manufacturing engineering, and mechatronics and control. With the help of the expert faculty teaching this program at AUD, students will get field experience with an integration of technical knowledge, professional education and communication skills...